2021 Photo Contest Winner: Best Photo – Chad Comeau, Most Creative – John Jacobs, Most Humorous – Donna Rice
There will be prizes for the top three photos. Winning photos and runner-ups will be displayed on the Niagara PCA club’s website, and possibly published in a Niagara PCA monthly calendar! Both amateur and professional photographers are welcome to participate. Photos must be submitted in digital format; see contest rules for details.
Beginning in 2013, we will be selecting a winning photo in each of three categories: Best Photo, Most Creative and Most Humorous. An individual may only win one category. If photos chosen to win belong to the same individual, a new winner will be chosen for one of the categories.
Photos will be judged as follows:
- Best Photo – the image that best portrays the beauty, excitement, and unique character of the Porsche automotive marque.
- Most Creative – the image that is the most creative or artistic. The one that makes you go “Wow!”, “Huh!”, “Interesting!” or “Amazing!”
- Most Humorous – the image that is the most humorous or fun, that makes you smile or laugh.
- Anything Goes – there are no restrictions to the modification of an image.
Changes as of 2015
- ✦ Black and white, duotone and vertical photos will be eligible.
- ✦ Photos containing recognizable people are eligible when accompanied by a Photo Consent Form. Any photograph that includes recognizable people requires a signed Photo Consent Form from those recognizable people, in order to be eligible for the contest. A parent or legal guardian must consent and sign the Photo Consent Form for people under the age of eighteen (18) recognizable in a submitted photograph.
Changes as of 2023
- Effective this year, a new category is being added to our contest.
- Anything Goes – this category will allow our members to make all the modifications that they wish to their photo. All other submission requirements remain in place.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
To enter, you must be a current Niagara PCA member. All photos must be taken within the last three years. The photo subject must be relevant to the Porsche marque and include a Porsche vehicle or part thereof.
Entries must be digital images.
Entries must be submitted by the original photographer. Do not submit a photo taken by someone other than yourself. You must be the sole owner of the copyright of any image submitted. Your submission of the photo is your guarantee that you are the author and copyright holder of the photo.
Number of Entries
An individual may submit up to three (3) photos.
Photo Subject Restrictions
Photos must be appropriate for posting on a public website and for creating a Club calendar. Obscene, provocative or otherwise questionable content will not be considered. Niagara PCA retains sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content.
Photographers retain the copyright to their photographs. By entering the contest, photographers agree to have their submitted photograph displayed on the Niagara PCA website without any fee or other form of compensation and agree that Niagara PCA may display winning photos in a “past winners” photo gallery and may make and retain copies of the photograph for archival purposes. Photographers also agree to allow Niagara PCA to publish their photo on a Club calendar which may be sold to Club members. Photos will be credited to the photographer who submitted the entry. By participating in this contest, photographers agree to these terms and conditions.
How to Enter
Digital photos must be submitted by EMAIL. Each entry must be accompanied by the name of the photographer. Entries must be received between October 1, 2023, and October 14, 2023.
We will be selecting a winning photo in each of four categories: Best Photo, Most Creative, Most Humorous, and Anything Goes. An individual may only win one category. If photos chosen to win belong to the same individual, a new winner will be chosen for one of the categories.
Photos will be judged as follows:
Best Photo – the image that best portrays the beauty, excitement, and unique character of the Porsche automotive marque.
Most Creative – the image that is the most creative or artistic. The one that makes you go “Wow!”, “Huh!”, “Interesting!” or “Amazing!”
Most Humorous – the image that is the most humorous or fun, that makes you smile or laugh.
Anything Goes – in this category only there are no restrictions to the modifications to the image.
Entries will be judged by the club membership and all contest decisions are final. Entries that fail to comply with the Official Contest Rules will be disqualified.
Judges will select the winning photos. Winning photographs, along with the photographer’s name, will be displayed on the Niagara PCA website and awards will be presented at our Fall Dinner. No financial compensation is provided to winners.
Submitting Digital Images
Digital images should be submitted by EMAIL between October 1st, 2023, and October 14th, 2023. Digital images will not be returned.
- ✦ Images should be formatted to 300 ppi, recommended image size is 1665 × 1325 pixels.
- ✦ Panoramic photos are not eligible.
- ✦ Images must be submitted in JPEG (at high quality) format.
- ✦ Images must be in natural color, black and white or duotone. Sepia tone images are not eligible.
Minor digital enhancement is permitted, but images that have been significantly modified or appear unnatural will be disqualified.
- ✦ No borders or frames may be added to images.
- ✦ No watermarks, signatures, or copyright notices may be added to images. All winning images will be displayed with the photographer’s name.
- ✦ Adding or replacing elements in an image is not permitted.
- ✦ Artistic filters are not permitted.
- ✦ Images may be cropped and rotated as necessary as long as the rectangular format is maintained, and the size is within the specifications above.
- ✦ Images may be resized as long as the aspect ratio is maintained.
- ✦ Red-eye removal and spot editing.
- ✦ One-step enhancement (such as “AutoFix”, “QuickFix”, “Auto Levels”, etc.)
- ✦ Use of filters to sharpen, soften, blur, despeckle, or remove noise.
- ✦ Use of corrective functions to improve the natural appearance of the image, such as levels, contrast, brightness, curves, intensity, tone, hue, saturation, lightness, value, color balance, and tint.
Additional Terms and Conditions
Niagara PCA is not responsible for computer system, hardware, software, or program malfunctions or other errors, failures, or delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Furthermore, Niagara PCA is not responsible for: (i) lost, misdirected, misplaced, illegible, unintelligible, incomplete, or late entries or (ii) any act, failure to act, or delay regarding the transmitting or processing of entries. Niagara PCA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend all or any portion of this contest without notice if factors beyond Niagara PCA’s control, including technical difficulties, disrupt or corrupt the fair or secure administration or operation of the contest. Niagara PCA is entitled to interpret these rules as needed and its decisions are final. Niagara PCA reserves the right to disqualify any entrant that Niagara PCA has reason to believe is not the original work of entrant or does not otherwise meet the contest rules. If a winner is disqualified or determined to be ineligible, an alternate winner will be selected using the same judging process/criteria described above. Alternate winners are subject to all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
By participating in the contest, you agree to release and hold harmless Niagara PCA and its officers and members from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of actions, or losses of any kind resulting from your participation in this contest, including infringement of intellectual property rights. Niagara PCA and its officers and members assume no responsibility or liability for any damages, injuries, claims, causes of actions, or losses of any kind arising in whole or in part from this contest.
EMAIL if you have any questions.