Watkins Glen Opening Weekend*
2790 Co Rte 16
Watkins Glen, NY 14891
WATKINS GLEN OPENING WEEKEND – Please note this is not a club function this year due to the numerous changes that have been put in place by the track. Below are the details from their website for members who may choose to venture forth.
This is Opening Weekend at The Glen (April 10-11, 2021), providing fans with the opportunity to drive their own vehicle on the track to benefit the facility’s Racing and Community Enrichment (R.A.C.E.) Foundation. Individuals and car clubs are both welcome to participate in this unique opportunity to experience one of the most historic circuits in the world first-hand.
IMPORTANT NOTE: ALL PARTICIPANTS INSIDE THE VEHICLE MUST PRINT AND BRING THE REQUIRED TRACK AND COVID WAIVERS TO THE EVENT. ONE WAIVER PER ADULT. CLICK THE BUTTONS BELOW TO DOWNLOAD THE WAIVERS. MINOR WAIVERS ARE REQUIRED FOR PARTICIPANTS UNDER THE AGE OF 18.
Additional information and rules include:
- We ask that COVID & Track waivers printed in advance and brought to the event
- COVID & TRACK WAIVERS MUST BE SIGNED IN PERSON (with personal writing utensil) AT THE EVENT IN THE PRESENCE OF TRACK PERSONNEL.
- All participants are required to remain in their personal vehicles.
- No public restrooms available.
- Vehicle MUST be street legal. Motorcycles, rental cars, ATVs, golf carts and/or large capacity vehicles (15 passenger vans & buses) will not be permitted to drive the track.
- Drivers must be 18 years or older and valid driver’s license & insurance required upon arrival.
- Minors in vehicle must be accompanied by parent/legal guardian.
- All occupants must remain inside the vehicle at all times, with seatbelts on. Passengers are not permitted in truck beds.
- There will no longer be reserved time slots for car clubs throughout the day, nor will we have a separate staging area for car clubs. Instead, all car clubs will be invited to show up at the track between 9:00am-12:00pm to run your laps this way you don’t have to get in line with all of the individual cars as they will be coming in the afternoon.
Details and tickets are here.